Elevated position with views and backing reserve – Designed for the growing family
Buyers Price Guide: From $1,935,000
One of the greatest advantages of living in Canberra is our close proximity to the breadth of nature on offer around every corner. But at number 35 Rawson Street you don't even have to leave your doorstep to take it all in. Privately placed in a quiet loop street, this 2-storey property boasts 206m2 of living upstairs & backs directly onto Red Hill nature reserve. In addition, it affords wonderful views across to the Brindabellas and Mt. Painter out the front to the West.
Lovingly cared for by just two owners throughout the last 60+ years, this family-oriented home has been transformed to suit the modern buyer. The rear extension is a perfect example, boasting a secluded space for teenagers (or parents) to make their own, offering a bedroom and a large open-plan informal living space fitted with a freestanding gas fireplace for those cold winter evenings.
If you enter through the double garage, you'll discover multiple storage zones which the owners have fleshed out in the under-house quarters to include a secluded library/rumpus, a mudroom, a wine cellar and also an optional 6th bedroom, 30m2 of additional space.
Upstairs is equally (if not more) impressive. The living spaces feature solid hardwood timber floors while the kitchen wows with Tasmanian Blackwood timber cabinetry & updated appliances. A formal lounge & dining zone is placed at the front of the home, taking in the impressive views & the warm sunlight streaming in through full height windows. Just along the hallway, four bedrooms accommodate everyone in the family comfortably & share the fully updated main bathroom with separate toilet.
From the edges of the kerb out front to the leafy canopy of the reserve behind, the grounds have been perfectly maintained & tenderly looked after providing barbecue & outdoor eating areas & a picturesque backdrop to complement the interiors. If you thought you can not buy this kind of peaceful practicality, think again…
SMS '35 Raw' to 0431 228 046 to get a copy of the digital brochure containing the contract.
- 206m2 of living upstairs, 30m2 downstairs being utilised as a library, study/6th bedroom & mudroom, 22m2 pergola covered entertaining area at front with views
- Backing directly onto Red Hill Reserve to the South/East
- Elevated position with views to Mt Stromlo, the Arboretum, Mt Painter & the Brindabellas to the North/West
- Double brick construction
- Located on a quiet loop street
- Double garage with remote entry
- Driveway can accommodate an additional 3 vehicles parked off road plus room for a boat, caravan, or trailer
- Solid hardwood flooring throughout living spaces & carpets in all bedrooms
- Formal living space positioned to the front of the home with expansive glass windows, high ceilings with ornate cornices, high quality window treatments, and a gas fireplace
- Formal dining room off formal living space with close access to kitchen
- Family-oriented, updated kitchen with solid Tasmanian Blackwood timber cabinetry, back garden outlook over sink, breakfast bar, integrated Miele dishwasher, 4-burner electric cooktop & rangehood, upgraded SMEG electric oven and grill, ample storage space
- Bedroom 1 features an expansive window overlooking picturesque front garden, 4-door built-in robe fitted out by Organised Interiors in 2010
- Bedroom 3 has a full wall of built-in shelving ideal for a home office, additional 2-door built-in robe
- Fully renovated (by MMM) main bathroom done in 2008 with separate bath & shower, custom floating vanity, and floor to ceiling tiles plus underfloor heating with automatic timer
- Separate toilet room with custom vanity also renovated (by MMM)
- Sizeable laundry with space to mount dryer on the wall plus cabinetry integrated within the 2nd bathroom which offers a shower and a separate toilet
- Back-to-base alarm system
- Crimsafe secure mesh doors
Extension completed in 1974:
- Expansive open-plan living room with freestanding gas fireplace, timber-look laminate flooring and sliding glass door access to back garden
- Bedroom 5 positioned at rear with 2-door built-in robe, wide windows overlooking rear gardens and reserve
- Rear part of the home can be closed off from the rest of the home for privacy
- Front and rear garden access (perfect for a teenager retreat, visitors or live-in relatives)
- Internal stairwell up to rear of kitchen
- Enormous amount of under-house storage rooms (excellent space for a solar battery if required)
- Wine cellar
- Entire wall of built-in robes
- Optional library/rumpus with open bookshelves fitted
- Optional 6th bedroom with walk-in robe or storage room, side access door
- Separate mud room off the garage
- Manicured & thoughtfully cared for front garden with mature trees for additional privacy, grass & garden beds - wonderful street appeal
- Elevated, North/West-facing 22m2 pergola covered front terrace
- The guttering has a stainless steel mesh inserted all the way round the house; this allows water to enter the gutter but not the leaves
- Back garden with two large, paved entertaining areas, elevated Astroturf patch, dutifully cared for garden beds, veggie patch, private outlook onto reserve & two storage sheds.
To help buyers, we offer the following as part of our Friendly Auction System:
Written & verbal buyer price guides updated throughout the campaign.
A digital brochure with everything you need to consider a purchase (just request it via SMS or email).
We can refer a solicitor who can review the contract prior to auction, for FREE.
The same solicitor can provide a free Section 17 if you wish to submit a pre-auction offer.
Help negotiating amendments to the contract such as settlement dates or exchange deposits.
Personalised bidding strategy meeting to help confirm your bidding tactics on the day.
Free valuation to help you established your current equity in any other properties you own.