Two for one! More than you'd expect from a quaint O'Connor cottage
Buyers Price Guide: From $1,100,000
History and charm only get you so far in the housing market. After the sheen wears off, what you really want is something well designed you can see yourself living and relaxing in for years to come. Luckily, 59 Miller Street is offering you both!
Set in the leafy streets and picturesque suburb of O'Connor, where the changing colours of the neighbourhood trees remind you of just how well planned this area of Canberra truly is, this single level home is hiding a delightful secret. Behind the main home which boasts freshly polished pine timber flooring and three comfortable bedrooms, a repurposed garage now contains a 1-bedroom, flat. That's right, it's history in the front, party in the back.
Craft a cosy space where your family can grow in the main house and the repurposed garage will be there to catch you when you need more. We're thinking teenager retreat, live-in grandparents, rumpus, hobby room, studio, home office, workshop it's up to you to create the space you need to suit your lifestyle and change the use of that space as your family grows. The repurposed garage is currently set up as a fully self-contained and modernised 1 bedroom flat offering two living spaces, a contemporary kitchen and bathroom, plus a separate bedroom that matches the main house bedrooms in expansive built-in robe space.
The grassy rear yard basks in the sun where the light dreamily dapples through the staggering feature tree as the sun sets. But if you prefer a little extra creature comfort while outdoors, retreat down to the covered pergola – you'll still get a private and pretty view, and your weekend wine won't be in harm's way when the rainy days roll around again.
This unexpected cottage is brimming with character but isn't lacking for practicality either. Not too big and not too small. Not too old and not too new. Not like anything you've seen before, it's juuuust right.
SMS '59 Miller' to 0431 228 046 to get a copy of the digital brochure containing the contract.
- Single level floorplan for both the main house and the repurposed garage (studio)
- Flexible living options with 2 separate structures on the one block
- 664m2, RZ1 zoned parcel of land (gently sloping down to the street)
- 5-minutes' walk to local O'Connor shops
- 5-minutes' drive to Braddon and City Centre
- Vacant and available immediately
- Flexible settlement options if you have another property you want, or need, to sell
- L-shaped open plan living and dining spaces with large, full height windows
- Living areas are separated away from the bedroom wing at other end of the house
- Freshly polished Pine timber flooring to all living areas and bedrooms, new laminate flooring in kitchen
- Wall mounted reverse cycle air-conditioning unit in living and ducted gas heating (new unit) throughout
- Basic kitchen with stainless steel freestanding electric oven and cooktop with rangehood, ample cupboard space, and leafy outlook into the private rear yard
- Main bedroom features wall-length 4-door built-in robe and windows to two walls to allow more light to stream inside
- Bedroom 2 features expansive 3-door built in robe
- Bedroom 3 offers 2-door built-in robe
- Updated bathroom with recessed shower, vanity and additional storage space
- Separate toilet room, also updated
- Original laundry with built-in sink and rear yard access door
- Multiple storage cupboards throughout
- Gas hot water system
- Located opposite the heritage listed Tocumwal Housing Precinct
Repurposed garage (flat/studio/rumpus/workshop):
- Cleverly converted garage that presents as a 67m2, fully self-contained, 1-bedroom flat
- Contemporary U-shaped kitchen with electric oven and cooktop with rangehood, dishwasher, 1 ½ bowl sink, tiled splashback, and ample cupboard space
- Modern bathroom with shower, vanity, toilet, and floor to ceiling tiles
- Open plan living space with sliding door entry/exit and tiled underfoot
- Additional living/office/multi-purpose space off bedroom
- Separate double sized bedroom with a whole wall of built-in robes
- Wall mounted reverse cycle air conditioning unit in main living area
- Linen storage cupboard
- Covered pergola entertaining area (26m2) off rear of main home
- Private rear yard, all fully enclosed and offering established trees, flora, and shrubbery, clothesline, and retaining walls
- Large metal storage shed in rear corner of yard (10m2)
- Driveway can accommodate 3 vehicles parked off road, with more behind lockable gates
To help buyers, we offer the following as part of our Friendly Auction System:
- Written & verbal buyer price guides updated throughout the campaign.
- A digital brochure with everything you need to consider a purchase (just request it via SMS).
- We can refer a solicitor who can review the contract prior to auction, for FREE.
- The same solicitor can provide a free Section 17 if you wish to submit a pre-auction offer.
- Help negotiating amendments to the contract such as settlement dates or exchange deposits.
- Personalised bidding strategy meeting to help confirm your bidding tactics on the day.
- Free valuations to help you establish your current equity in any other properties you own.
- 5% exchange deposit pre-approved, via eft (no lining up for bank cheques before the auction).